Winter 2022 Combat & Casualty Care delves into globally accessible surgical expertise promoted by technology supporting real-time telemedicine.
- Roundtable on the state of technique in surgical telementoring and the Virtual Medical Operations Center (VMOC), Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD): CAPT Gordon Wisbach MC, USN, Ret., Naval Medical Center-San Diego (NMCSD) LTC Gary Legault Director, Virtual Medical Center (VMC), Brooke Army Medical Center, Joint Base-San Antonio, TX COL Tyson Becker Trauma/ Critical Care Surgeon Director, Strategic Trauma and Readiness Center (STaRC), San Antonio, TX CAPT Benjamin Walrath Emergency Medicine Physician and Director, Navy Medicine West EMS, NMCSD
- Commander’s Corner Interview with COL Jeffrey Lanier, MD, Commander, U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research, Joint Base San Antonio-Ft. Sam Houston
- Leadership Perspective with Matt Quinn, Science Director, U.S. Army Telemedicine & Advanced Technology Research Center, U.S. Army Medical Research & Development Command, Ft. Detrick, MD
- Medical Simulation Focus with COL Maria Molina, MD Deputy, J-7 Education & Training Directorate, Defense Health Agency, Chief, Medical Modernization and Simulation Division Chair, Army Central Simulation Committee
- Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV) medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) variant testing at Cold Regions Test Center (CRTC), Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona
- Autonomous Vertical Lift Casualty Evacuation (CASEVAC), Project Convergence Technology Gateway, U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground (YPG), Arizona
- Industry Partner with Laurel Ridge Treatment Center, San Antonio, TX, on critical mental health outpatient services offered in-person and via telemedical portal