The Fall 2020 edition of Security & Border and CST/CBRNE provides readers insight into military and civil partnerships to protect the homeland from potential attack and illicit border activities, all while the nation continues to fight off a global pandemic.
- Gaetano Cordone, Deputy Executive Director, Sea, Mobility, and Biometrics, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), on advanced facial biometrics for secure identification
- Dr. Lloyd Hough, Hazard Awareness & Characterization Technology Center, DHS, on efforts by the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center, to thwart national-level bio attack
- Donald Benton, Director, Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (RCMD), Chemical Materials Activity (CMA), on efforts to assess and neutralize recovered U.S. decommissioned chemical weapons
- Infection Control Teams (ICTs), Georgia National Guard, coordinate with neighboring state agencies to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- Detecting Indicators of Chemical Exposure (DICE), U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), technology to minimize impact post-toxic chemical agent exposure
- Mobile viral testing, field decontamination, and canine-based virus detection, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Industry Spotlights on the latest in skin-targeted and wearable COVID-19 protection